Track-IT! is designed for users with motor skill difficulties, particularly those who find conventional access impractical. It has a number of programmable options allowing the user to personalise the unit for their particular needs.
In essence, it is a scanning mouse. The direction in which the cursor travels can easily be selected using the ‘clock-face’ LED array on the front of the device. If set to single switch operation, the unit auto-scans around the clock face and then along the four switch settings, then back to the 12 o’clock position, and so on. Once the LED lights for the required operation, the user first presses the switch to stop scanning.
A further press of the switch will then perform that operation, whether it be cursor movement or a switch operation. You can carry out the operation for any length of time but after a period of non-use (Dwell Time), scanning re-commences.
Where the user has the dexterity for two-switch use, scanning is performed manually using one switch and the currently highlighted operation carried out with the other.
The third and fourth sockets can provide separate switch access to left click, right click, double-click or drag where required.
Track-It! is a specialist product and won’t suit all users. Using it requires patience. However, for certain users, it can provide cursor access where all other assistive devices fail and as such it is a valuable product in the assessor’s arsenal.
- Full 'mouse' functionality from a single switch.
- Four switch sockets available for those users able to operate more than one switch.
- Clock-face array from which the direction of cursor travel is selected.
- Selectable 4 or 8 directions of travel, each illuminated by an LED.
- 8 Scan Rate and Dwell Time settings.
- Cursor speed control settings.
- 4 mouse click functions, each illuminated by an LED.
- Mouse left/right click, double click and drag lock buttons selectable using either the single switch or the additional switch sockets provided.
- Mounting stand for positioning close to the computer screen.
- Variable time settings for the clock-face LED array and mouse click buttons.
- Does not require driver software - ideal for contract managed computer systems