MagniLink ChromeViewer is an innovative software for Chromebook that is used to display the image from a MagniLink video magnifier system. The software controls the video magnifier’s features, such as magnification, artificial colors and brightness, and provides the user with the facility to make individual adjustments for the best possible experience.
- Different color and brightness settings, e.g. natural and artificial colors.
- Different levels of magnification.
- Lockable autofocus.
- Take and view pictures.
- Record and view videos.
- Mirror, rotate and freeze pictures.
- Automatic updates (requires Internet).
- Various guiding lines to facilitate reading.
- Different ways to control functions. Either via menus, keyboard shortcuts or buttons on the reading camera’s control panel.
- Configuration of individual shortcuts.
- Camera image positioned at top/front of all open applications.
- Select several active split modes and switch between them.
- Notepad where you can draw, write, enlarge and pan in the image.
- Support for motorized cameras in the MagniLink AIR family.
- Support for multiple video streams and split screen between them, such as the use of multiple simultaneous MagniLink cameras.
The useful notepad provides possibility to draw, write, enlarge and pan in the image. You can easily choose to navigate between different images and there are several different functions for inserting text, drawing and writing with a ”regular” pen or highlighter in different colors and sizes. You can also save and open the image with your notes. The tool is, for example, excellent for marking in texts or filling in forms or exams that then easily can be saved or forwarded.
View multiple images simultaneously
MagniLink ChromeViewer can display image simultaneously from multiple connected MagniLink camera systems if desired. As a user, you can easily split the image in different ways in the software so that the camera images are displayed simultaneously on the screen, e.g. image from a distance camera and a document camera. For example this can be very practical for a student in the classroom who wants to be able to see (using the distance camera) what the teacher is doing in front of the board, and at the same time see (using the document camera) an enlarged image from the school book.