The JAZZ Joystick is a compact, desktop joystick specifically designed to allow users who lack fine motor skills to easily achieve both cursor control and switch scanning. It is designed to respond to gross movements while still achieving fine cursor positioning and accurate switch scanning.
Uniquely, this is achieved using Pretorian’s renowned analogue joystick which requires very low operating forces (0.5N) and not a switch joystick, which typically have high operating forces.
JAZZ Joystick is suitable both for controlling a cursor (Mouse Mode) and also for switch scanning (Switch Scanning Mode). The latter can only be used in grid based AAC devices such as Gridpad from Smartbox*. The two options allow the user to switch seamlessly between cursor control and switch scanning where required.
JAZZ also features a low profile, providing a natural hand rest for comfortable operation, and will work with USB compatible computers of all types. As with all of Pretorian’s mouse alternatives, no drivers need be loaded onto the computer.
There are four speed settings and the centre button gives the user access to a ‘drag’ feature, allowing the left click to be engaged for an extended period, for example when moving an icon on screen. Additionally, the unit is switch adapted via two 3.5mm sockets. The left socket replicates whatever function is set to the left button, and the right socket can be used for quick toggle between Mouse and Switch Scanning modes.
- Unique option to be used for Switch Scanning
- Easily switchable between Mouse and Switch Scanning modes (either by user or during set-up).
- Four Cursor speed settings (With Audible Alert).
- Double click option
- Left handed option
- Buzzer may be turned off if not required
- Low profile providing a natural hand rest for comfortable operation.
- Left/Right and Drag Lock buttons.
- Socket to operate Left button
- Easy 'plug and play' installation, does not require driver software
- Robust Construction and Ergonomic Design.
- Light touch joystick movement (0.5 Newtons).