The n-ABLER Trackball is especially suitable for improving access for children and young people with some special educational needs, learning difficulties, for those who's work entails long periods of computer use and for older people and others with movement impairment.
Left and Right click may be swapped around for lefthanded users or when the unit is mounted. Like all its settings, this is retained in memory and recalled whenever the computer is restarted or the n-ABLER is moved to another computer.
The large, high mass, free running ball requires only a light touch which, together with the function buttons, makes for easy navigation, selection and manipulation of objects on the computer screen.
The n-ABLER Trackball emulates a computer mouse but, with fingertip control and the need for only minimal hand movement, reduces wrist and elbow fatigue, requires far less effort and is less tiring. The symmetrical design enables users to work with either hand without having to angle the wrist, and the unit can also be configured for 'left-handed' operation. Its large, integrated hand support/palm rest makes work posture more relaxed and less strained.
For users with limited movement, double-clicking and click-anddrag can be particularly difficult- so n-ABLER provides buttons to perform these actions for you.
The cursor speed may be selected using a button on the rear of the unit which, together with the single-axis button, can be used to tailor the cursor movement to the user’s exact needs.
n-ABLER is switch adapted and the two 3.5mm sockets provided can be programmed to function as any of the six built-in buttons (including speed).
Alternatively, for users who find switch use difficult, a Dwell Click function can be programmed to allow n-ABLER to be used entirely without switches. This is programmable for both the dwell period and the click function- e.g. left click, double click etc.
An industry-standard three-point fixing system is provided to allow the unit to be mounted where necessary and the unit even allows the direction of cursor movement to be changed so that the unit may be mounted in any orientation.
- Rugged construction and ergonomic design.
- Large footprint for maximum stability.
- High mass, 63mm, free-running ball for easy cursor control.
- Colour coded buttons mounted sub-flush to prevent accidental activation.
- Double click and latching drag lock buttons
- X-Y axis and Scroll button for up/down or left/right only cursor movements and scrolling facility.
- Audible (switchable to mute) and visual warnings indicating selection or change of function.
- Cursor Speed Control
- NEW Dwell Click function
- Easy 'plug and play' installation
- Does not require driver software - ideal for contract managed computer systems
- Three-point fixing for mounting systems
- Auto detecting PS2 and USB protocols