J-Say is the world leader in providing a blind person with the ability to control the computer with the human voice.
J-Say brings together Dragon NaturallySpeaking professional from Nuance, and JAWS For Windows from Freedom Scientific. However although the product integrates these applications, it also presents the User with an easy to understand interface enabling interaction with the computer using natural language and easy to remember and understand vocabulary.
That's Good Terminology, But What Does it Actually Mean?
It's quite simple. You can talk to the computer and it talks back to you. You can control most aspects of the computer just by using your voice, so J-Say is ideal for anyone who cannot (or does not want to use) the keyboard.
Who can use it?
As the product has evolved the range of people who are benefiting from the technology has increased. From people who simply want to be more productive and use their voice as an additional means of computer input and control, to individuals who have complex combinations of needs, and who find it difficult
if not impossible to make use of computer technology using traditionally accepted methods of input access and control.
Even more remarkably many people interacting with this technology do not have a visual impairment simply finding it difficult or uncomfortable to use the computer screen and so find the J-Say approach more suited to their needs.
What applications does J-Say work with?
J-Say provides access to applications which reflect the most common things which people need to do with computers on a day-to-day basis.
Complete access to this application is made possible enabling people, without having to touch the keyboard or look at the screen, to create documents, control text layout and open/save files, amongst other things.
If you need to word process, doing it the J-Say way takes away the need to use either one's hands or one's eyes, do it all controlling the application with your voice and accessing the computer screen with your ears.
If you need to work with e-mail, J-Say provides you with a set of tools to enable you to take complete control of anything e-mail related. From creating messages to Email navigation, moving and copying messages to folders, to creating special voice commands to send messages to people quickly and easily. Our
user interface to Microsoft Outlook provides the user with fast, efficient and effective access and control to all aspects of the application.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
J-Say technology provides intuitive access to all aspects of internet navigation and control. From the finding, launching and browsing of WebPages, to the completion of web forms such as searches and shopping carts, J-Say provides the user with natural language internet access like never before.
What Else Can I Expect from J-Say?
- Dictate text in a natural way and have it instantly echoed back to you.
- Rapidly move through list items, words, lines, sentences and paragraphs and have the selected unit spoken back. No need to wait until JAWS has finished reciting the text, just speak the next command.
- Use natural language commands to gain access to the many features of JAWS for Windows. For example, say the words "Be Quiet" to instantly silence the speech synthesiser, or "talk faster" and "talk slower" to change the rate of the speech.
- Create J-Say Text Notes which can reproduce lengthy text passages (such as twenty paragraphs) with a single voice command.
- Easily work with files using Microsoft Windows Explorer and J-Say Tags. Files and folders can be marked for cutting, copying or deleting.
- Use the J-Say Clock to set countup and countdown timers and alarms, or hear Westminster Chimes throughout the day.
- Keep track of appointments with J-Say Diary.
- Move directly to specific sections of web pages with J-Say Alerts.
- Listen to the radio, audio files or CD's and control playback from within any program.
- Dictate text into a portable recorder and have the audio transcribed as text with J-Say Audio Transcription support.
- Take control of your Braille display. It is no longer necessary to remember the key combinations to control the Braille output. These commands will also prove to be a tremendous advantage to people who can read Braille, but who do not have the dexterity necessary to press buttons or keys on the unit.
- Execute many commonly used procedures within the WINDOWS operating system with voice commands. Good examples would be to move directly to the WINDOWS
Desktop or to maximise the application and document windows, so that the program fills the entire screen.
- Teach the software how you pronounce words and phrases with our interface which allows you to easily add them to the vocabulary. Our special utility can also be used by sighted assistants if necessary. Alternatively, use the superb access to the NaturallySpeaking Professional correction system.
- The J-Say Configuration Wizard lets you take control of all the product's special functions without the need to remember a number of voice commands.
- Move through tables easily either within Internet Explorer or Microsoft Word. Again, the navigation language is simple to learn with no complications.
- Use our slick Back-Up and restore utilities to make a permanent copy of your speech files and restore them at a later date if necessary.