HoverCam Solo 8 Spark
Designed with K-12 classrooms in mind, the HoverCam Solo 8 Spark is one of HoverCam's Chromebook-compatible document cameras. It can be used with HoverCam for Chrome, Flex for Windows, and Flex for Mac software that is available as a free download on the HoverCam website. The Solo 8 Spark allows teachers to present lessons in an interactive manner. It can capture textbook material with up to 80x zoom and display it on a computer or a larger display that the computer is connected to (either physically or wirelessly). The available software will let the teacher highlight aspects of the captured image with various tools as well as annotate over the image. Connection to the computer is over a USB 3.0 interface, and power is delivered to the Solo 8 Spark over the included USB cable, so no power adapters are required.
Featuring an 8MP image sensor, the Solo 8 Spark captures high-resolution photos and Full HD 1080p30 video, both with autofocus. The video functionality allows a teacher to record lessons and post them on YouTube, internal video platforms, or other destinations for absentee students or for purposes of review. The video camera can also be used as a webcam. The Solo 8 Spark is compact and is adjustable to enable ease in scanning an image, taking a photo, and/or recording video.
- Chromebook-compatible document camera for K-12 classrooms
- Works with HoverCam for Chrome, Flex for Windows, and Flex for Mac software
- 8MP photos
- 1080p30 video
- 80x zoom
- Interface and power over a USB 3.0 connection
- Autofocus / autofocus lock
- 2" minimum focus distance
- Built-in mic
- Four built-in, ultra-bright white LEDs
- 6-pivot adjustment: yaw pivot, camera roll, pitch pivot, main assembly/base pitch, and yaw pivot