Brailliant BI14 Braille Display
Smart things come in small packages
In today’s fast-paced world, vision-impaired professionals and students need a device that lets them stay connected and stay productive on the go. The latest innovation? The smart and compact Brailliant BI14. Humanware's smallest braille display yet, it’s designed for ultimate efficiency without sacrificing ergonomics or comfort. So you can stay on track anytime, anywhere.
Stay on track when you’re on the go
Designed to boost productivity whether you’re at the office or out and about, the Brailliant BI14 boasts cutting-edge intelligence and innovative features made with the mobile professional in mind.
- Rugged design made for mobility
- Stable connectivity across multiple devices
- Small and light to fit easily into your jacket or bag
- Compact design with maximum comfort—type easily for hours on the ergonomic braille keyboard
- Features 14 high quality braille cells with cursor routers (the same used on both our Brailliant and BrailleNote devices)
- Reduced wrist fatigue thanks to our signature thumb keys—pan and navigate the display without taking your fingers off the braille display
- Navigation joystick that makes it easier than ever to use your paired Apple device—simply flick the joystick to mimic touchscreen swiping
- Micro USB for charging and connection to PC
- Up to 20 hours of battery life
Connect to your favorite devices in seconds
From daily commutes to business trips, staying connected when you’re on the move is more important than ever. That’s why Humanware has designed the Brailliant BI14 to pair instantly with iOS devices, so you never have to miss an email, deadline or conference call again.
You can connect your BI14 with up to five iOS devices at once with Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) pairing. Simply unlock your iPhone or laptop and VoiceOver will instantly notify your BI14, translating all of your data into braille in real time.
Your BI14 even comes with a USB connection so you can stay charged on the go and keep braille at your fingertips anytime, anywhere.
Stay in sync
- The Brailliant BI14 internal notes app makes it easier than ever to take notes in your meetings—in contracted or uncontracted braille.
- To sync your notes with your other devices, simply download the Brailliant Sync app from the Apple App Store and set up your email account.
- Next time you pair your BI14 with another device, your notes will be automatically synchronized.
- Access them in your iPhone Notes app or your Outlook Notes folder, along with any other device you have connected to your email account.
- If you want to take notes on another device, just make sure you’re connected to your email account and they will be automatically synched with your BI14.
The Brailliant BI14 was designed to be as user friendly as it is intelligent. A simple switch on the back of the device lets you know whether you’re using the Brailliant’s internal applications or if you have the device set to control other paired devices such as your iOS device.
With or without a pairing to an iOS device, the BI14 makes it easier than ever to:
- Take notes in a meeting or class with the internal notes application
- Keep track of time thanks to the internal clock
- Time how long tasks take with the stopwatch application
- And much more.
Mobility made easy
With its innovative and comprehensive family of braille display devices, HumanWare is changing the way people who are blind communicate, study and work. Now with the launch of the compact and affordable Brailliant BI14, you can experience cutting-edge braille technology that keeps you connected like never before.