BrailleSense Polaris is the most contemporary, yet intuitive Braille productivity tool for the visually impaired. It offers a new standard in blind-friendly applications with the latest in cutting edge technology.
Powerful Performance and Processing
Polaris boasts a powerful Samsung 2.1GHz octa-core processor, 3GB RAM and
64GB storage. SD card storage and USB 3.0 connectivity are also supported.
Slim and Lightweight Design
Thinner and lighter than conventional products on the market, the BrailleSense
Polaris measures just 19 mm (0.74 in) and weighs only 750 g (1.65 lb).
18 Hour Battery Life
Traditional notetakers had a very short battery life so users had to constantly
charge the device. With an 18 hour battery life, BrailleSense Polaris is sure to
stay up and running as long as you do.
Convenient Wireless Charging
Charging can be a hassle because of tangling cables. Now users can conveniently charge BrailleSense Polaris using any compatible wireless chargers.
Google Android and OS Upgradable
An upgradable operating system and close partnership with Google, ensure the
Polaris will continue to oer modern accessibility and mainstream features for many years to come.
9 Key Perkins Keyboard with Extras
Equipped with a 9-key Perkins-style keyboard, as well as Control, ALT and 4 function keys, Polaris allows you to use your traditional Braille keyboard in BrailleSense programming along with Google’s built in accessibility shortcuts in mainstream apps like Google Docs and Sheets.
32-Cell Touch Enabled Braille Display
Polaris offers a unique multi-touch 32-cell Braille display that lets you navigate and control BrailleSense with touch gestures as you read its output in Braille.
Optimized for the School or Office
BrailleSense Polaris supports Google Apps, making it easy to utilize Google services like Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides as millions of other students do every day. But, there’s more! BrailleSense Polaris provides unparalleled access to Google Classroom for blind students and teachers alike. Collaboration among students and teachers has NEVER been this easy. There’s support for Nemeth and UEB Math, too.
Traditional BrailleSense Apps
- File Manager, Word Processor, and Email
- Media Player, DAISY Player, & FM Radio
- Address Manager, Schedule Manager, and Web Browser
- Excel Viewer, Online DAISY and Sense Dictionary
- Calculator, Terminal for Screen Reader, Other Utilities
- Settings, Global Options, and Help
Android and Stock Android Apps
- Accessible Apps the User installs
- Google Services: Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
- Google Classroom for Blind students and teachers alike
- Download and read books using online library
BrailleSense Polaris allows for convenient viewing on the built-in LCD or an HDMI monitor, screen sharing with computers as well as Android and iOS devices via TeamViewer, and wireless streaming to external TVs or monitors vis Miracast.
- Wireless Display via Miracast
- QI compliant Wireless Charging
- Remote control your favorite appliances via IrDA
- Connect to the Internet and other devices via WiFi and Bluetooth
- Get a quick glance at a student's work via the built-in LCD
- View a full screen of data with HDMI monitor
- Always know a student's focus via a virtual Braille display and its translation on the monitor
Slim and Portable
Weighing at 750 g (1.65 lb) and measuring only 19 mm (0.74 in), BrailleSense Polaris is incredibly slimmer and lighter than the previous notetaker Braille Sense U2.
Wondering what Notetaker is right for you? Check out our Notetaker Comparison Chart! (PDF)